Engineering Professional Development Awards Banquet
Thursday, April 21st, 2016 -- 6:00-8:30 PM
Carver Hawkeye Arena, Feller Club Room
Nominations are being accepted for the 2nd Annual Professional Development Awards Banquet...a celebration honoring College of Engineering student organizations and advisors, community partners and students for outstanding leadership and service. The night will include a featured speaker, dinner and awards ceremony. What started as an idea to celebrate and recognize the outstanding accomplishments of our student organizations gradually evolved into a celebration of all of the accomplishments related to professional development. Group, individual and industry awards will be given out in various categories.The purpose of the banquet is to foster a strong sense of pride in our college, recognize the accomplishments of our students and student groups, and encourage students to seek out experiences that make them great engineers and leaders.
Please take a few moments to recognize outstanding student organizations, student leaders, faculty and employers who have demonstrated exceptional leadership, service or commitment to student development. Nominations will be accepted on-line through March 25th. Winners will be announced at the banquet on April 21st at the Carver Hawkeye Arena Feller Club Room.
Student Nomination Form: https://uiowa.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6hYxKloK2gT7mT3
Faculty/Staff Nomintation Form: https://uiowa.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_71yo8wde3uBKQbb
Awards will be given in the following categories:
Student Organization Awards:
- Outstanding Established Student Organization – developed student organization that demonstrates significant initiative, creativity, perseverance, and integrity in its members and throughout all areas of the organization
- Outstanding Student Organization for Service/Fundraising – a creative and collaborative effort within or by an organization(s) to benefit the community or raise money for the organization goals
- Outstanding Student Organization Collaboration – organization(s) demonstrates collaborative spirit through innovative and unique efforts in an event, program, or project
- Most Improved Student Organization – organization established revitalized membership process, improved focus of organization’s mission or operation, creation/improvement of new program, etc.
- Outstanding Leader – student leader who displays significant effort through diversity, service, commitment, and community throughout the organization
- Most Promising New Member – new member who demonstrates significant effort, leadership, and involvement in improving the student organization
- Unsung Hero – successful student who demonstrates unexpected but significant contribution or initiative without holding a leadership position within the organization
- Outstanding Research Assistant – student research assistant has proven to be extremely dedicated, reliable, and crucial to the faculty member’s field of study
- Outstanding CoE Student Employee – student employee at the college of engineering that has shown extraordinary work ethic and has made an impact on both their workplace and their coworkers
- Outstanding Intern/Co-op – student demonstrated a high level of quality work, professionalism, and value to the company throughout his/her internship/co-op experience
- Outstanding Student Organization Advisor – advisor acts as a positive role model and provides advice and encouragement while supporting the organizations goals
- Outstanding Research Faculty Mentor – faculty member provides structural learning, insight, and promotes success within his/her research group
Community Sponsor Awards:
- Outstanding Company Sponsor/Community Partner – supporter works in collaboration with the student organization to meaningfully contribute to the organizations mission, event programming, finances, etc.
- Outstanding Intern/Co-op Employer – employer provides outstanding resources and service to promote professional engineering experiences